GymShark leggings are a UK brand of compression clothing… Similar to Lululemon….. but more affordable… Apart from that….. Gymshark leggings are known for having lots of pockets for storing your phone….. keys….. and other items.
The biggest draw of Gymshark leggings is that they’re extremely high quality….. produced with a lot of attention to detail….. and they fit really well! They’re also extremely durable and don’t rip easily.
GymShark leggings have a very strong hold so you can do high-intensity workouts in them without worrying about them falling down.
What’s So Great About Gymshark Leggings?
Let’s face it… When we work out….. we want to look good… Right? That’s why we go to great lengths to look our best while at the gym… We want to look good while exercising and let’s be honest….. we also want to look good when we’re in the changing room with our friends… That is where Gymshark leggings come in handy!
They are so comfortable and affordable that you will want to wear them everywhere and choose them over your regular pair of jeans… The slick design of their patterns will make you feel empowered….. ready for a big day at the office….. and confident that you have made the right choice when it comes to fashion.
Are Gymshark Leggings Good?
- GymShark leggings are generally made for people who do high-intensity workouts like running (similarly to lulu leggings)….. CrossFit….. or HIIT workouts in the gym with weights.
- GymShark Leggings are known for their high-quality material and fit that doesn’t sag or fall down when you’re working out… They also have a variety of styles and patterns to choose from as well as a wide range of sizes to fit every body type… Their most popular leggings are the Flex Leggings which are available in a variety of colors and patterns.
- The leggings are comfortable to move around in….. especially for workouts such as yoga that require you to move around a lot… For the gym….. they can be used for any exercise apart from running.
They are not like other leggings that make you feel uncomfortable and do not allow you to move freely… These are made out of high-quality material that is soft and flexible at the same time.
Are Gymshark Leggings Good for Running?
If you love working out or running outdoors but aren’t fond of how uncomfortable your female clothing is….. then you will definitely love these leggings! They feel great on your skin and don’t make you feel restricted when moving around.
Gymshark leggings are designed with performance in mind so they will stretch with your body and allow a full range of motion… You should still be able to run comfortably in them….. even if you’re doing so at an intense pace with multiple changes in direction.
What are the reasons why Gymshark is good for running?
- The first reason is because of their compression material… It’s a form of Lycra called “Dry-Fit”… This material allows for a full range of movement and promotes sweat-wicking….. which means you don’t have to worry about your upper thighs getting chafed.
- The second reason is the fabric itself….. which is 88% polyester and 12% elastane… This means that the fabric stretches but isn’t excessively tight….. so it provides a comfortable fit.
- The third reason is that they are lightweight….. with a drapey finish that makes them ideal for layering on cold days or wearing underneath other clothing… The fact that they’re lightweight also makes them ideal for running in hot weather….. as they don’t add any extra bulk to overheated muscles.
- The fourth reason is the print designs – all of the leggings designs have an eye-catching design that will have you looking stylish when you’re out and about.
- Wide waistband!!! The biggest complaint about leggings is that they aren’t very supportive… This wide waistband does a great job of supporting your tummy and holding everything in place while you run.
- Odor Resistant!!! The main concern with any clothing is whether or not it will retain any odor… Living in Florida….. where it’s hot most of the year….. I sweat a lot while working out… These leggings were able to withstand 3 days of tough training without having any bad odor to them!
- Quick-drying!! When I got home after my workout….. I hung my leggings on the towel bar to dry overnight… In the morning….. they were completely dry! No more squeezing out moisture from your pants right before you head out for a run.
Do You Wear Underwear with Gymshark Leggings?
Gymshark leggings are so insanely comfortable you can wear them with or without underwear.
Although the thought of going commando may sound uncomfortable….. it actually feels very liberating and it’s honestly not as scary as you might think… The more you do it….. the more comfortable you’ll get.
So it is all down to personal preference.
If wearing underwear — Putting on the right underwear is just as important as your workout clothes… You don’t want any chafing or discomfort while wearing your tights or leggings… You want them to fit perfectly and look amazing!
What most people don’t know is that it’s best to wear seamless cotton or moisture-wicking synthetic fabrics for workout underwear.
How Do Gymshark Leggings Fit?
No matter how fit you are….. a good pair of leggings can make or break your gym outfit… They’re essential for everything from barre to boot camp….. and they’re an absolute must if you’re doing yoga.
But finding the perfect pair can be tough — especially when it comes to your favorite brand… Let’s face it: Not all workout pants are made equally… It’s hard to find the right fit when every pair seems to be different.
Do Gymshark Leggings Come Up Small?
When it comes to sizing….. there are a few key things to know about GymShark Leggings… First of all….. the sizing is quite different from what we’re used to seeing… There’s a size guide available on the website….. but I found that it was pretty inaccurate for me.
I’m usually a UK size 10….. and according to the guide….. I should have gone up one size… However….. after trying on the leggings in store….. and considering their stretchy fabric….. I felt that a small would be best for me.
So which size is best for you?
GymShark leggings come in four different sizes: small….. medium….. large and extra-large… Each has a particular fit and lift factor tailored to your body shape… For example:
- If you’re petite with short legs and a small waist – stick with a small;
- If you have long legs with a larger waist – opt for a medium;
- If you have long legs but still want some lift – go for large;
- And if you’re taller with bigger hips and thighs – choose an extra-large.
Are Gymshark Leggings Supposed to Be Tight?
Their sizes are European sizing….. which means they are a little small… You should still be able to fit your hand in the pants when you try them on….. but it shouldn’t be uncomfortably tight. The leggings themselves are amazing… They fit like a second skin and are very flattering.
The Gymshark leggings are super stretchy and comfortable… The material is thick enough to not see your underwear (or brief) lines through the fabric… If you’re between sizes….. I’d recommend going with the smaller one… The leggings are form-fitting and a little snug but as with all leggings will stretch over time.
As with any activewear or clothing item….. you should always buy what is best for your body… It’s important to note that these tight-fitting leggings are designed to hug your leg muscles and give you an “hourglass figure” look.
They are made with a fabric called Power Stretch….. which is lightweight but also very durable… This fabric contains spandex so that it can stretch in three directions – lengthwise….. widthwise….. and diagonally.
You might be wondering how they fit if they’re supposed to be “tight”… Well….. they’re not supposed to be skin-tight like tights….. but they do offer a slimming look while maintaining breathability and comfort… T
Do Gymshark Leggings Last?
You bet they do! They don’t get holes in them as other leggings do… They are very durable and the color holds up well… They keep their shape and the fabric is very soft… When you put them on they feel like butter!
When you are looking for leggings that will allow you to move freely during your workouts you should make sure they are made using high-quality materials… Many companies will use synthetic fibers in order to reduce costs and increase profit margins but this can cause problems as the clothing will not last as long as it should.
Gymshark leggings are made from premium materials and are built to last for a long time if properly cared for.
The fabric is specially designed to wick moisture away from your body so that you remain comfortable at all times during your workouts… The material allows air to flow freely through it so that your body does not overheat when you push yourself during a workout.
Are Gymshark Flex Leggings High Waisted?
Most people wear leggings for all-day comfort….. whether it’s for working out or just lounging around the house… But if you’re interested in the latter….. then you may be looking for a pair of leggings that offers more coverage.
Gymshark’s Flex Leggings are one such option… They’re available in six different colors and they’re made from 86% polyester….. 14% elastane fabric….. so they stretch and mold to your body shape perfectly… In fact….. Gymshark claims that the Flex Leggings are “the most comfortable leggings ever!”
These leggings are available in two lengths — regular and tall… The tall length is perfect for those who want to cover up a little more — or to wear with heels.
They also feature a mid-rise waistband which helps them sit right below your belly button….. rather than right above it like other styles of leggings… The waistband is also designed with four-way stretch material….. so it’ll fit your body shape well even as you move about during exercise.
Unlike traditional lacy designs….. there’s no visible seam on these leggings — instead….. they feature a smooth finish that feels incredibly soft against your skin.
So are the Gym Shark Flex Leggings high-waisted? Absolutely! Not only do they sit higher on the waist than other leggings….. but they also have an internal waistband that sits much higher up than any other legging we’ve tried.
This means you can bend over without worrying about your pants slipping down or exposing your rear end to a room full of people.
All in all….. the Gym Shark Flex Leggings are comfortable and high-performing leggings designed to help you feel confident and look great while you work out
Do Gymshark Leggings Stay Up?
Leggings are notorious for not staying up….. and I’m no stranger to that problem… But these tights are a step above the rest because they stay up better than others… The waistband is a dream….. great quality….. and keeps everything in place as it should.
Here’s what happens when you exercise in my Gymshark leggings:
- They don’t fall down when you do squats
- They don’t roll down when you do lunges
- You can run on the treadmill without having to pull them up every 2 minutes.
Summertime is the perfect time to wear these Gymshark leggings because they stay cool and dry quickly after working out… My old cotton leggings would make me feel sweaty and gross….. but these stay dry even if I work out in the morning and then go straight outside to my desk job.
These are also great for yoga practice because they’re breathable and stretchy so they move with your body instead of sticking to your skin.
Are Gymshark Leggings Worth It?
The Gymshark leggings are a lot more expensive than a lot of other athletic clothing….. but they are extremely well made….. fit a lot better than some of the other brands….. and they are not see-through… They are worth the price!
If you’ve been on the hunt for comfortable leggings that can take you from the gym to the grocery store and everywhere in between….. then your search might be over! Gymshark leggings are quickly becoming a fitness wardrobe staple….. and their high quality makes them very appealing.
In summary….. Gymshark leggings are….. generally speaking….. the best leggings that you can buy online… They’re priced decently and cut more like jeans than spandex….. so they don’t squash your posterior… And they have an incredible range of colors….. prints….. and design options as well.
Whether you’re searching for a set of leggings to slim and sculpt your legs….. or a pair that will feel second-skin-comfortable as you tackle your next fitness goal….. take your pick from the wide range of options.
You may also be interested in….. How Do Leggings Feel?
Louise Wilson is an accomplished author, passionate textile historian, and renowned fashion enthusiast with a rich background in the world of apparel.
Graduating with honors in Fashion Design, Louise further expanded her skills and knowledge by completing a master’s degree in Textile History. Her academic pursuits have led her to explore the fashion capitals of the world, including Milan, Paris, and New York, enriching her insights into the global world of fashion.
As an author, Louise’s passion for fashion has found its way into her writings, where she intricately weaves narratives of style, design, and fashion history.